Offering The Award-Winning Advocacy That You Require
Todd E. Hennings
A commercial litigator specializing in debtor/creditor rights and bankruptcy, he has practiced in the firm's Bankruptcy Department since 1997. His practice involves representation of both debtors and creditors before the United States Bankruptcy Courts, and includes business reorganizations, liquidations, workouts, contract rights, secured transactions, claims analysis and accompanying litigation. Mr. Hennings also represents trustees in bankruptcy on a regular basis.
Mr. Hennings is one of those rare attorneys who has served as a judicial clerk to bankruptcy court judges in every district in the state of Georgia. His experience includes clerking for the Honorable Hugh Robinson, the Honorable Margaret Murphy and the Honorable James D. Walker, Jr.
A member of both local and statewide bankruptcy and creditors' rights bar organizsations, Mr. Hennings has lectured at the Georgia Higher Education Association concerning student loans and bankruptcy. He is also the author of a number of publications centering on professionalism and ethics; these include such titles as "Ethical Issues in Everyday Bankruptcy Practice" and "Professionalism: A View from the Bench" (with Judge James D. Walker, Jr.).
A graduate of the Law School at Emory University, Mr. Hennings continues to volunteer his time to support the Emory University Moot Court program as an advisor to the teams appearing in the national Duberstein competition concerning bankruptcy law.
Current Employment Position
- Hon. Hugh Robinson, U. S. Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Georgia, Law Clerk, 1993 to 1993
- Hon. Margaret Murphy, U. S. Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Georgia, Law Clerk, 1993 to 1993
- Hon. James D. Walker, Jr., U. S. Bankruptcy Court, Middle and Southern Districts of Georgia, Law Clerk, 1994 to 1996
- Commercial Law
- Creditors Rights
- Debtor and Creditor
- Emory University School of Law, Atlanta, Georgia
- J.D. - 1993
- Honors: Phi Alpha Delta
- Vanderbilt University
- B.A. - 1990
- Georgia, 1993
- Colorado, 1996
- Georgia’s Top Rated Lawyers in the bankruptcy field by the Atlanta Journal Constitution and the Wall Street Journal
- AV rating by Martindale-Hubbell, Inc
- Super Lawyers list
- Co-Author: “Ethical Issues in Everyday Bankruptcy Practice,” Coastal Bankruptcy Law Institute, 1994, reprinted in “Professionalism: A View from the Bench,” ICLE, (with Hon. James D. Walker, Jr.), 1994
- Author and Lecturer, “Reaffirmation Agreements, Statement of Intent and the Automatic Stay under the Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act of 2005”, Atlanta Bar Association Continuing Legal Education Series, 2005
- Author and Panelist, “A House of Cards by Any Other Name: Ponzi Schemes and Associated Litigation in the United States Bankruptcy Court,” ICLE Georgia, State Bar of Georgia, Bankruptcy Section – Consumer and Business Bankruptcy Law Seminar, The Ritz Carlton Lodge – Reynolds Plantation, Greensboro, Georgia, 2010
- Author and Lecturer: Bankruptcy Law Issues, Katrina Disaster Relief, 2005